A QUICK One-Bowl Meal:
Green Pea and Spinach with Oatmeal.
Do you like salty-sweetish and soft ?
This creation of mine is good as comfort food as well as super easy & quick and nourishing dinner or breakfast meal - or lunch!
Here I am using frozen vegetables. This is occasional in my case. It is the second best option after using totally fresh vegetables.
1 person/1 portion:
(You can always multiply all the quantities.)
- 1 small hopped onion (optional, as it takes 1-2 extra minutes)
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup of green pea (frozen) or mixed veggies
- Spinach (2-3 cubes frozen)
- a good 1/2 cup of oatmeal (mine is organic, gluten free)
- Half tsp of vegetable Bouillon (powder) or a half cube
- A pinch of curcuma ( turmeric )
- Himalayan salt
- Optional: any other herbs and/or spices you like
- Soften the chopped onion in hot oil,
- Sprinkle the bouillon on it, stir it well, add about 7oz / 2 dl water,
- Bring it to boil, add the frozen vegetables, cover it. Set alarm to 5 minutes.
- From time to time help the spinach cube to become loose with the help of a wooden spatula.
- After the alarm, you add the oatmeal and water to reach your desired consistency more minutes, and it is DONE!
AN EVEN MORE SIMPLE VERSION:
Bring the water into boil. Pour everything in (you can skip the onion) except the oatmeal. Cover it. Set alarm to 5 minutes. Then add oatmeal. Stir from time to time to make sure that the oatmeal does not make clumps.
Eat it anytime of the day. Warm or cold - it’s equally yummy!
ALWAYS slow down for your meal! Always!
Holistic Mentor, Certified Eating Psychology Coach
Book your 30 minutes FREE orientation call